Friday, July 16, 2010

Looks Like a Good Spot For a Treehouse

I'm home for two short weeks in between semesters.  Next week I'll start the final semester of the nursing program.  So we've been making the most of our down time.  We can sleep in, eat three meals each day around the table, and watch movies during the afternoon thunderstorms.

We needed to burn some energy today, so out the door we went. 




The breeze was blowing and the sun was shining.  It was the perfect day for an adventure.



One of the best parts about staying home all day is letting the boys pick there own clothes.  



No dress code around here, even though it was 98 degrees this afternoon.  Oh well.





We have this big crazy jungle across the road from us that we've just never explored.  Well today we did.



One at a time we peeked through the vines and palms...





what a pleasant surprise...


a massive...


                                          
old Banyan tree.

                       
The boys were as excited as I was.  They eagerly made elaborate tree house plans.  I smiled as Gavin started telling Tommy how they could construct an escalator.  I miss believing that anything is possible and dreaming without any logic or doubt.  Of course there will be an escalator and a fireman's pole and a rope ladder!


After they firmed up the tree house blueprints, they were off to look for gators.  I was happy to report, no gators today.


We picked some wildflowers and weeds along the way.



They made a cute bouquet. 



Until Finn knocked them on the floor.  It took us twenty minutes in the sweltering heat to collect all these, another five minutes to find a vase and about 45 seconds to knock it on the floor.  Why do I even try?


The whole time we were picking, the thunder was rumbling and the clouds were rolling.  Just as we got inside, big fat raindrops started falling.  It was time once again to cuddle up for an afternoon movie.

2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower of your blog and just love the pics! I am new to blogging and I am always looking for advice from moms with boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really enjoy snapping pictures of the boys when they'll hold still long enough and I even love to take pictures of them running away from me to.

    ReplyDelete