Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Seeds in the Ground Waiting For Rain

The birdhouse gourd plant

One of my helpers

I spent the majority of yesterday getting the garden planted. I started out with four very motivated little helpers. Once they realized exactly what "weeding" involved and had pulled a total of seven weeds, all four helpers moved on to better activities. They decided digging holes and making mud pits with the hose was way more fun than weeding. Can't blame them. I weeded the entire garden then hoed. Is hoed even a word? Regardless I'm sure I was quite a sight. I was in my pj's. Don't you all garden in your pj's? But best of all, I didn't even have a real hoe. I was using one of the boys hoes from the sandbox. It's purple and has a three foot handle. It worked quite well however, my back is still reminding me that I should have looked harder to find a grown up version. I got lots of veggies planted as well as a pineapple. The birdhouse gourd plant is growing wild. I am attempting to train it onto the fence, but it really just wants to take over the entire garden. It was a satisfying day for all. I completed my part by planting and am now just waiting for the rain. The boys dug several large holes and filled them with mud water. They were so impressed that they had made chocolate milk. Gavin asked me to guess the secret ingredient. After several wrong answers he informed me that they had all peed in it. Great, at
least I won't have to wipe the seat!



No comments:

Post a Comment