Saturday, September 26, 2009

I am feeling so satisfied tonight. Another heavy weight has been lifted as I've checked off one more task off my September To Do List. Petey was baptized after 5:00 mass tonight. I won't go so far as to say it went smoothly, but at least it's done. As we stood in front of the church tonight waiting for the priest I remembered each baptism. It's funny how things have changed so much.

With Gavin's baptism, I spent hours planning and preparing. With Petey "as simple as possible" was my theme. I hope Petey never feels ripped off but here's what it honestly looks like.

Age at baptism:
Gavin: 1 month
Petey: 5 months

People invited to celebrate:
Gavin: close to 20
Petey: none

Type of cake:
Gavin: Big beautiful and personalized
Petey: Betty Crocker marble cake (baked by Grandma, on sale at Publix for $1.99)

Mood of people in attendance
Gavin: Attentive, respectful, focused and calm
Petey: Finn running down the aisle screaming with Scott chasing after, me giggling, Gavin whispering countless questions,Tommy waving the flaming baptism candle... Need I say more?

Photos Taken
Gavin: small album
Petey: one photo taken on Scott's cell phone (for proof that we actually got it done)

I didn't even take the day off work. I got off a little early, changed out of my scrubs into my skirt on the way and met everyone at church. Funny how things have changed so much. I try to simplify everything we do these days. I do feel a little guilty about not having any real pictures, but it will all even out. I forgot to bring a camera when Finn was born, so I guess they'll all have little gaps. If they are ever old enough to sit down and thumb through their photo albums of life and notice all their missing photos I will know that they made it successfully through childhood and will be satisfied enough with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment