Thursday, September 10, 2009

An Evil Thursday Morning

Bad morning today. Let me rephrase that, crappy month, ugly week and even worse morning.
Woke up at 2 am, couldn't sleep because I am worrying about my upcoming IRS audit. Tommy was arguing with me even before getting out of his bed, had to pack lunch for the little boys out of a frige and pantry that are empty, ran over the skateboard ramp when leaving the driveway, completely destroyed it, overdrawn on my stupid debit card by $12.00, cramming to get my application done for the nursing program so had to drive through a really bad part of town that scares me, got there and was told I couldn't come today, had to come back on Tuesday.

So that's all the icky stuff. I know from past expierences that if I convince myself today is going to be bad, it will be, so time to count some blessings and try to turn this day around.
Blessings
#1. We are all getting healthier now and didn't die from the swine flu that I was sure we had contracted last week.
#2. We both still have our jobs, so many around us have lost theirs
#3. The van is clean right now, so hard to function and think when I am surrounded by clutter. On a side note, it's only clean because cleaning it was Tommy's latest punishment for flushing his cousin's swim suit top down the toliet.
#4. The toliet didn't clog when the swimsuit was flushed; Thank GOD. We replaced that toliet last year when he flushed the stick of deodarent.
#5. The garden is doing well. The birdhouse gourd vine is growing crazy wild, and we are ready for planting again.
#6. The vehicles are still working.
#7. I am on track to enter into the nursing program in November.
#8. I got to go shopping all by myself today for the first time in months. Unfortunetly this is when I over drew the checking account, but this is the blessing section so I am not focusing on that part.
#9. Got to pick the first ripe yellow lemon off my tree this morning. Very satisfying.
#10. Scott got a new daily pick up at Fed Ex. Fed ex lingo, new daily pick up = more money in the paycheck.

OK, feeling better now. I am taking a deep breath and starting over. September has always been a month I've disliked but October is within sight. By next month, Fed Ex business will be picking up, I will know if I've been accepted into the nursing program, we will have figured out the school and religion schedule, I will have completed my IRS audit (makes me sick just typing those letters), Petey will have been baptized, cooler weather will be here and our anniversary will be approaching. Oh yeahm, blessing number 11, found Gavin's glasses in a secret pocket of his new backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment