Thursday, June 23, 2011

swim

woke up this morning and packed for the swim meet
carb loaded the boys with Velveeta Shells
carb loaded myself with Velveeta Shells
encouraged boys to watch inspirational You Tube swimming montages
confiscated computer when said montages were full of swear words
arrived at swim meet an hour early to organize and warm up

 IMG_2397

watched boys warm up
watched the pool moms watch my boys warm up


IMG_2392

took snap shots of Gavin with his beloved new biceps
laughed under my breath at Gavin’s beloved new tiny swim suit

IMG_2390
took more snaps of Gavin for his fan page
explained to Gavin that one must have a fan club in order to have a fan page
came to a compromise and will be allowing Gavin to use this site as a temporary fan page until numbers are up


IMG_2469
felt relieved when Finn’s best friend arrived to spectate
laughed as Grandma junior flipped through his newspaper
 IMG_2465

gave Gavin $5.00 for a new swim cap
reminded myself that I wasted $20.00 on the last swim cap that he refused to wear

 IMG_2440
agreed that he looked like Michael Phelps when he scowled
thought to myself that the only similarity between Gavin and Michael is that both of their mothers put them in swim to wear them out
    IMG_2362
tried a few more poses for the fan club gallery
 IMG_2354
reminded Gavin that if he warms up for an hour he will have no energy for the meet
forced Gavin to get out of the pool so that he could have energy left for the meet
 IMG_2342
shook my head as he jumped back in for one more lap
 IMG_2318
fed the Littles Lunchables to keep them occupied
peeled someone’s cheese off the bottom of my sandal
vowed to never buy Lunchables again no matter how cheap they were and no matter what coupons I found


IMG_2470

watched Gavin swim one heat
watched a storm roll in
watched the coach kick all the swimmers out of the pool
watched my boys march to the van very very disappointed that they were unable to swim in the meet
marched myself to the van very very disappointed that we planned for the swim meet all day and were unable to swim

2 comments:

  1. That is a disappointment. Poor kid.

    I found your blog from Top Mommy Blogs.

    As a mother of 4 boys (almost 8 and under)myself I was intrigued. I like what I see. I feel a kinship already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 4 girls and 1 boy (YES! FINALLY!!!) - and can't wait until he does all the boy like things your boys are doing! Congrats on such a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete