Sunday, February 13, 2011

today in the garden


Today in the garden the bananas are painfully slowly making a comeback after several hard frosts.


Today in the garden the onions are standing guard protecting the snow peas.


Today in the garden the snow peas are celebrating the cold weather, I guess they live up to their name.  They are thriving and have already been harvested to accompany several afternoon salads.


Today in the garden  the pokey weeds are also thriving.  I sent out two young men to do a little weeding this morning.  I guess they accomplished the task, I think they're dead or at least seriously wounded.


Today in the garden, a star was born.  I received a basket full of star fruit from a co worker last week after complaining that my star fruit tree was three years old and not producing anything.  While weeding today, I glanced over and noticed this beauty.


Today in the garden, the wax bean seeds have been tucked in. 


Today in the garden, one fat orange cat lazed in the sun.


Today in the garden I found the overdue audio book.  Hmmmmm.. looked in the van and in the bedrooms and under the sofa, didn't expect to find it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment