Tuesday, January 18, 2011

top five reasons I should be blogging and not studying for my pediatrics exam

reason #1.  I have four real live pediatric patients at home to study, this shouldn't be the first time I've seen the material.  A fever means their sick and if they won't swallow their medicine, just blow in their face right?  There you have it, no need to read that fat boring book.

reason #2.  Blogging is way more fun.  No explanation needed.

reason #3.  I'm not even sure where my peds book is.  I think it's probably buried in the van in a puddle of rotten spilled protein shake.  Speaking of protein, it's time to eat lunch.  That would be reason 3 1/2, it's lunch time, not study time.

reason #4.  Petey is sitting on my lap as I type this and getting up to study would require putting him down and making him cry.  He's far too cute to do that to right now.  Even though he's whining and his nose is dripping (see, I've got the real thing right in front of me).

reason #5.  I really need a nap and so does Petey.  What kind of a mom would I be if I let my little boy whine and cry at my feet while I studied something more important.  He clearly needs someone to curl up with him and tickle his back until someone falls asleep.  It also wouldn't be wrong if I decided to sleep right next to him the entire time he naps.  It would be some good quality time and sneaking out after he falls asleep could cause mistrust (see Erickson, I did pay attention during lecture). 

So there you have it.  I think anyone of these excuses is reason enough to wing my peds exam without studying.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment