Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fortunately, Unfortunately

Fortunately,
I made it in time to parent pickup for the boys at school.
  IMG_3311

Unfortunately,
this is what the inside of the van looked like when the principal opened the door to put the boys in.

Fortunately,
I haven’t received a call from DCF yet.

Unfortunately,
Fed Ex men had to go to work today in the rain and deliver all day with wet shirts and squishy shoes.

IMG_3271
Fortunately,
one of these Fed Ex men delivered my new canner today.
  IMG_3272

Unfortunately,
the boys ripped it open before I even saw it or brought it inside and there was a rather ugly battle over the box.

IMG_3294

Fortunately,
everyone gave up fairly quickly, no blood was drawn and the canner survived unscathed.
IMG_3289

Unfortunately,
the instructions were removed by a particular little boy and blew away before I could capture them.  Also unfortunate is the fact that canning without following said instructions can lead to fatal diseases like botulism.
 
IMG_3287

Fortunately, 
this little boy does cute enough things that I've already forgiven him.

IMG_3298

Unfortunately,
I have one small child bear crawling into the street right now.

IMG_3301

Fortunately,
I have fairly good voice control over him and our street is quiet.


IMG_3321
IMG_3324

Unfortunately,
Gavin announced today that he will not be attending college.  He’s just going to be a professional scooter rider (Tommy announced last night that he wants to be a handicapped man when he grows up…it was later discovered that he meant handy man).
     
IMG_3362

Fortunately,
this guy isn’t into professional scootering he’s satisfied with his pass me down bent and broken thrift store trike.

IMG_3345

Unfortunately,
this very same trike is perfectly capable of running over anything in Finn’s way…sticks, rocks, and small boy children.

IMG_3370

Fortunately,
no one argued when Finn announced that after playing outside for an hour and a half it was time to go in the house.
 
IMG_3378

Unfortunately,
 the highly sought after box came in also and another battle ensued.

IMG_3259

Fortunately,
I was able to sit on the porch for a moment and catch this sunset while retrieving my canner from the front yard before stepping back through the front door, my portal to chaos. 

Fortunately,
I really like these little boys that have created my chaotic life.

6 comments:

  1. BF greetings from Casablanca, Morocco! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) This made me smile too- what cute little boys!!

    I sure hope you find some instructions for that canner though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and lots of laughs.....
    Maybe you can find some instructions online.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay! So glad to see that my car is not the only one that looks like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pic of your car...priceless. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete