Tuesday, August 28, 2012

blessed but bored

So hurricane or should I say tropical storm Isaac was a complete miss for us.  I remind myself to be thankful.  We had a rather beautiful day, breezy but beautiful.  Storm surge, flooding,  gusty winds? 

None of the above. 

We had an uneventful day of shopping, painting the boys bedroom, cooking split pea soup and fighting over the one computer in our house that will actually connect to the internet.  The boys spent a great deal of the day outside playing with friends and inside wrestling with the dog.

I had my camera on my lap ready to capture the craziness that passing hurricanes can sometimes bring, but this was the most exciting shot I could get.  Note the nine mile per hour gust I have captured here.  The predicted gusts were about ten times as fast and never actually showed up although this did not stop our local news reporters from pretending that they had.  We spend a fair amount of time sitting on the sofa giggling while we watched our local weathermen dressed in their parkas reporting from the beach locations. 

IMG_3473

Wanted to let you all know we are safe and sound and praying for New Orleans that they can get as lucky as us.

No comments:

Post a Comment