Thursday, October 22, 2009

We're Still Alive

Well, we survived the dreaded swine flu. I was successful in quarantining Finn and saved the rest of the family from catching it. I felt like I was in the ICU all week. I was taking vitals every hour, passing out meds, isolating Finn to the master bedroom, scrubbing in and scrubbing out. It was exhausting. I am happy to report Finn is finally back to his normal destructive ways.

We celebrated our nine year anniversary yesterday. Nine years ago I didn't imagine we would be celebrating like this: Scott came home with Chinese take out and Mountain Dew, we all piled on the sofa and watched So You Think You Can Dance, we rolled up the living room rug so we could all do break dance moves on the living room floor on commercials, after our "date", Scott gave me a single rose(I'm pretty sure it was from a gas station). Anyway, not quite as romantic as I imagined but really sums up where our life is at right now. I really wouldn't want it any other way.

We were in the ER again this week. On Friday Scott managed to fall out of his Fed Ex truck into a cactus (I still giggle when I picture it) and he sprained his ankle really bad, there was actually a chip out of the bone. I removed 19 cactus pokeys out of his butt and then the ER Dr put his ankle in a cast and told us to follow up with the orthopedic Dr on Monday. Scott used the crutches to get from the ER wheel chair to the van and then never picked them up again. I went to work on Saturday and left him home with all four boys. Remember the 6 weeks I was home on bed rest with all of them, a little payback. When I called to check in on him he had removed his cast and was scrubbing the kitchen floor. At first I was mad but how could I be mad at someone who would scrub my kitchen floor with a broken ankle? Where did I find this guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment