Friday, October 9, 2009

Home of the Swine

I come home from the ICU after cleaning up vomit, poop and anything else leaking out of seriously sick patients with all sorts of crazy illnesses...

If I'm not coming home from the hospital, I'm coming home from the YMCA child watch where I watch little germ ball children that put everything in their mouths...

Scott comes home from Fed Ex after sharing his pen and scanner with 200 of his closest friends...

Gavin comes home from 2nd grade where he and his classmates really can't wipe their noses yet but are too cool to ask for help so they try anyway and they sneeze all over their best friends because they forget to cover...

Tommy comes home from Pre K and speech therapy everyday where he is exposed to about 50 different classmates and teachers...

Finn comes home from Miss Tammie's house and is always putting his shoes or my cell phone in his mouth and is teething right now so drools on everything...

Petey also comes home from Miss Tammie's and also puts everything within reach into his mouth...

Soooo, it's no wonder we are hibernating at home right now with the Swine Flu. I have been scared to death about getting it but it's here and there's not much I can do now. Finn was in the ER last night with a 103 degree fever and came home with a positive diagnosis. Petey started to show some symptoms but appears to be having a much milder case. I kept everyone home today in hopes of minimizing the spread. I quarantined the sickies to one side of the house and warned the big boys not to come near them. I sanitized in and out of the room. I took Qhour vitals and administered lots of Motrin. So here we are after an exhausting day, Finn is fitfully sleeping on top of Scott's lap. The big boys are performing a high intensity magic show in the living room making it impossible to keep a serene feeling in the house for the sick guys. I guess that's what happens when I make them rest all day and they have no outlet for their energy. Well, time for another set of vitals so I must go. After reading this post, please sanitize your keyboard and go wash your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment