Thursday, January 10, 2013

updates

I returned from Texas to a house full of very happy little men.

I have spent the last few weeks trudging through Christmas, enjoying company and finally in the last week or so exploring my new normal which will be my life as a stay home mom (sort of).  I have been so busy exploring that I have not been updating here so for those of you ever so curious here's what's been going on at our little homestead.

The littles just knocked on the door and requested watermelon

I stopped typing, sliced watermelon, placed it in a large purple bowl and sent them on their way

Glenn Beck mentioned creative farming the other day on his show

Scott mentioned that he thinks we should get quail (ya think?!?)

I ordered my quail

Scott put my cage together

This makes me smile

The big little just knocked wearing purple bowl on his head squinting while watermelon juice dripped in his eye and requested sliced bananas

I stopped typing, sliced bananas, placed them in the large purple bowl and sent him on his way

I rediscovered Flylady and have the cleanest house I've ever had

I have a vision and work hard every day to make it a reality

Zone 3 is today, our bedroom will be spotless, organized and a source of tranquility by this afternoon

I made homemade laundry soap

It's beautiful

It's cheap, 17 cents per gallon

Scott approves and wants me to figure out a way to make homemade dryer sheets

Yay Scott, that's the spirit

My dog is still bad, but not as bad

My mom didn't hate him when she came to visit

My couponing is going stronger than ever

I've discovered a super secret new website for Target coupons that has made my life easier

The family closet is completely functional now

It's awesome

It's not beautiful yet, but it will be

We found starfish at the beach the other day

They're on my shelf now

I swept the sidewalk in front of my house today

The littles just knocked again, bananas are gone, purple bowl is cracked in half, they want more watermelon

I stopped typing, sliced more watermelon, filled their grubby little hands with slices and sent them on their way

I got a new computer

One with a working shift key, appreciate the capital letters

I have been digging deeper into permaculture

Plans for an urban garden are in the works

I am overwhelmed with new ideas

Huck went right back to nursing the minute I returned

I still make him take and ounce of formula or two once a week to make sure he will survive another trip although my freezer has an amazing amount of breastmilk in it

I successfully pumped, stored and traveled with roughly two gallons of breast milk while in Texas

My fourth grade religion class was happy to have me back

A bit too happy, we got a bit loud last night

My truck is clean

My husband is shocked

I went to the farmers market today and plan to every Thursday

It was fun

I can't wait to get my quailies

I am fighting with photo gallery

I will get it fixed soon

I will show you all lots of photos of the goings on around here

The littles knocked again, they want acorn squash

I explained that it had to be cooked

They explained, they want to use it as a ball, not to eat

I told them to go wash their hands

They washed their hands in the tippy tap outside

We built a homemade handwashing station outside

It is truly simple but genius

This is the cleanest my boys hands have ever been and the cleanest my bathroom sink has ever been

I will be sure to post photos

The littles are back with more produce requests, I must go as they are climbing into the refrigerator and Huck just woke up.












4 comments:

  1. I miss you so much. So glad we had lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people encountered problems on their sex drive and I want to share with them the testosterone booster which helps you to increase your testosterone level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this information with us! Lots of supplements nowadays to increase testosterone level but we need to make sure that we are using the safe and effective.


    fenugreek testosterone

    ReplyDelete