Sunday, July 15, 2012

I’ll have the worry special with a side of anxiety

Winding through the canals the other weekend on our way to the gulf we passed this fantastically tragic photo opp.  I quickly snapped one only to notice the owner standing near his dock assessing the situation.  I cautiously made eye contact with him and gave him my best sympathetic smile.  I hoped the look on my face communicated that I’ve had these days too and am hoping for the best for him and his little errrrrr… situation.  Although in all reality, I was actually sizing up his attitude.  Did he really live by the mantra he had tattooed on his boat?  It appeared so.  I heard no profanities and noted no look of disgust. 

 

IMG_2707

 

So many around me have been reminding me not to worry recently.  Through out this pregnancy we have so much going on.  My contract at work is coming to an end.  They may or may not decide to keep some of us on.  Our current house is up for sale and we have been searching for the perfect new or used house for our growing family.  We have a baby coming that will no doubt change our family dynamic once again.  Don’t worry Erin, it will all work out says the realtor, my mom, Scott and my co-workers.  Will it, or will I be living in a homeless shelter out of semi packed tattered cardboard boxes with no job and an extra child that I am not prepared to deal with?

Yesterday I decided to stay back at the cottage with the littles while Scott and the bigs went out for a boat ride.  I put my feet up in the ac and relaxed while I watched the little boys play Legos.  I do think I got the better deal here.  When the big boys returned I was pleased to hear the latest update on the Don’t Worry be Happy boat.  It had been bailed and patched and appeared to be sea worthy once more floating at the seawall. 

So maybe everything will work out… and maybe it won’t but regardless I suppose, things will do what they will and I’ll land on my feet somewhere and probably be just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment