Wednesday, August 17, 2011

blessed

IMG_2089

 

I could have wound up with a man that smothered me with his blanket of jealously…

Instead, I wound up with a man that trusts me completely and is even able to laugh and shake his head at the incredibly inappropriate text conversations that go one between myself and some of my male co workers with similar senses of humor. 

Complete trust and confidence in his position as my husband

 

I could be on this parenting journey with a man that is distanced around my children…

Instead, I am on this journey with a man that will willingly dive into any poopy situation and isn’t too busy to lay on his belly and play Matchbox cars.

Involved and interested in our little creations

 

I could easily find myself shacked up with a business partner sort of relationship resulting from the strains of parenting and working and living life…

Instead, I find myself in the arms of a man who is more in love with me than that October day I met him at the alter.

His love grows more and more each day, instead of a fading spark it’s a regular bon fire these days

 

I could be paired up with a dream crusher…

Instead, GOD has placed me with a complimenting partner that will quietly rein me back down to earth when the dreams get a little to far fetched.

Common sense and a gentle persuasiveness

 

I imagined I would be the wife to a man’s man, the kind that only mows the lawn and pounds nails and watches football and drinks beer.

Instead, I am the wife of a man who is owns an edger and a tractor and a blower but is well versed in the proper use of the lingerie bag that must be used when he washes my over priced Victoria Secret bras and is able to bath four boys with efficiency and who makes a bed far better than I could ever dream of.  He is willing to tear up during a country song that touches him.

A scratchy five o’clock shadow but soft enough to rock an exhausted toddler to sleep

 

How did I make such an incredible choice at 19 years old?

Why did GOD feel it appropriate to put a man of this caliber in my life when I could have married a multitude of disappointments around me?

How did my boys get so lucky to have a father that would do anything for them, even in the middle of the night or on a Thursday night after an exhausting day of delivering packages in a Fed Ex truck with no air conditioning on a sweltering summer day?

 

 IMG_2078

Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment