Monday, March 7, 2011

paint

The boys make far too much artwork.  I could never display each and every creation.  I will be completely honest though, I like some artwork better than others.  I’m not really a fan of crayon work or pencil drawings.  These are the ones I set on the counter until after bedtime, slowly slip them into the garbage, tie up the bag and take it out tell Scott to take it out.  I feel a little guilty, but I would have to be on an episode of hoarders if I kept them all.

IMG_9733

Paint projects though, I can appreciate a little more.  They always turn out beautiful regardless of the skill level of the artist. 

IMG_9742 

This has only recently turned into an outside project since the last time we painted inside and I now have many silver puddles around my kitchen table.  I think they will eventually come off, I just need to find someone who is willing to spend about 20 minutes on their hands and knees with a scrubber.  I’m still looking for this person as it surely isn’t me.

IMG_9740 

Gavin is really struggling with the less is more concept.  If it takes more than three days for your artwork to dry, you may have used a little too much paint.

IMG_9735 

I also showed him how to press another paper on top to use up some of the extra paint.  This was the technique he used to crank out 23 (wish I was joking) master pieces this weekend.

IMG_9729

Messy, but able to keep their attention for quite some time.  Painting also seems to channel some of that same energy they otherwise spend on arguing and taunting and annoying each other.

 IMG_9728

Soon my patio was covered with Gavin originals.  Like I said, I do have a special place on my frige for paintings, but am still going to have to file some of these in the recycling bin.  Sorry Gavin, maybe I’ll photograph them so that I can keep the guilt at bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment