Wednesday, March 2, 2011

cartwheels

 

IMG_9255

I can’t do cartwheels.  Furthermore, I have never been able to do cartwheels.  Not even when I was young and limber.  I just couldn’t ever fathom the idea of my feet flying up over my head.  It still doesn’t sound like a good idea.

But cartwheel Gavin can.  He can do cartwheels and round offs and one armed cartwheels and several cartwheels in a row and cartwheels on the beach and in the living room and in the front lawn. 

Last year in break dance, Gavin’s instructor Antonio taught him and he’s been refining it every since.  Jealous I am, but bitter I’m not.  It’s nice that some people are blessed with these talents and some of us are more the observing type.  After all, who would cheer for the cartwheelers from the side lines if we were all out there cartwheeling around?

No comments:

Post a Comment