Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Have a Secret

I have a secret.  As most of you know I'm not a very good secret keeper, especially if it's really juicy.  Certain secrets are the kind that would mean nothing to the general public, but must be kept at all costs from those close to you.  Today I share my secret with you...

I have the day off!!!  To those who don't know me, this may sound like no big deal, but those of you who know me, know that this just doesn't happen.  It's been weeks, if not months since I've broke the school work, seven days a week cycle.  I've carefully kept this secret all week. 

This morning I loaded up the boys as usual.  Big boys heading to the bus stop and Littles to Miss Tammie's.  If anyone was paying close attention, they would have noticed that I didn't have on any shoes and I didn't take my debit card.  But at 5:30 in the morning, no one's paying much attention to anything.  I waited at the bus stop with the Bigs, standing in the rain bare foot.  While we're on the bus stop topic, I must update you all on Chatty Kathy and her cat key chain.  She's become much more tolerable (or maybe I'm more patient) recently and has been waiting with her step dad who actually gets out of the car and chats with me.  The bus couldn't have come sooner today.  I was so anxious to send off my boys and get myself home for a little peace and quiet.  Next, I tiptoed into Miss Tammie's and put the Littles in their nests and left their diaper bag. 

I drove home in silence, actually no, I drove home listening to the morning talk show that I never get to hear the end of.  It was really nice.  Then I pulled into the driveway and the guilt set in.  I walked into my totally quiet house.  No screaming, no fighting,  no whining.  I did however have weeks of laundry and several days of dishes to keep me company.  Plans of a hot bath and a good book and maybe an episode or two of Housewives of Anywhere slowly slipped out of my mind as I confronted Finn's latest disaster.  Three days ago he decided to empty, completely empty my game closet.  Not just take out all the games, take out all the games and dump them out.  So I sat quietly sorting though Cranium, Things and Uno cards.  One thing lead to another and soon I had been cleaning for four hours straight.  Hmmmmm.... so much for my indulgent day off. 

A weight update:  I impatiently waiting around at minus 22 pounds.  I've been back to the doctor for my first fill.  The band is designed to receive fills or unfills of saline until you reach your desired amount of resistance.  It can take up to a year of filling and unfilling to get the adjustment just right.  I still have very little restriction so will be going back next week for another fill.  It is frustrating losing so much in the beginning and then watching the weight come off at a snail's pace.  However, I am taking this time to focus on all the things I am supposed to be doing like exercising and not drinking while I'm eating.  I have to remind myself that this is just a tool and I still need to put in the hard work like anyone else who wants to lose weight.  Sometimes I find myself thinking, I'll work really hard once I have good restriction even though I should be working really hard right now.  All in all, 22 pounds less, I'll take it. 

I must return now to my day off and see what I can do about the office.  It's in even worse shape than the game closet and I don't think I could rest without feeling like I'm wasting my day.  So off I go.  But just one more secret before I go...

I have tomorrow off too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment