Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Congrats Practical Nursing Program 2010

Last week we graduated from the nursing program.  Actually, they graduated, I just pressed play on the Ipod to start the graduation music and managed my crazy boys.  Due to the time I missed during my surgery I have to come back in January and make up the Pediatric Nursing section and then, very quietly at the receptionist's desk I will be handed my diploma.  No balloons, no cake, no celebrations, no inappropriate (but seriously funny) slide show.  Just me and the annoyed receptionist.  There will be a feeling of relief, but not really a feeling of celebration.  I'll probably celebrate by going to the thrift shop alone and buying stuff for the boys.  It's strange. 

So now I'm stuck, not graduated, but just waiting till January.  I'm taking some online classes but am bored to tears already and I'm only on chapter one.  Who cares who invented the light microscope or who decided how to classify microorganisms.  Not me, that's for sure.  I do better in the classroom.  Playing practical jokes on my classmates and competing for the top grades.  I can be so immature when it comes to joking around.  I was always the one annoying the really crabby mature students by turning off the lights or putting parts of the colon model in a particular classmate's backpack.  Why is that funny?  I don't know.  Just my sense of humor.  But I won't have that anymore.  Now I will be in a virtual classroom with one hundred of my closest anonymous classmates.

So here I sit at the local college.  Not that I'm a student of this local college, just that they have a really nice quiet library.  I say quiet because it's only seven.  Far too early for real college students to wake up.  I'm supposed to be logging into my classroom with all the other online students.  But instead I am sitting here reading blogs and typing blogs and anything else to stall studying.  I'm tempted to look on Craigslist today for a tent.  Not that I have any camping plans coming up, but today I just feel the need to own a tent.  I'm also going to return a call to a man in North Carolina who is interested in selling me above ground raised be garden kits because I may or may not have recently emailed him claiming to be starting an organic garden building business.  I'm also supposed to be calling to make the vasectomy appointment today.  Although I still think I'd prefer talking to my microbiology class than the urologist.  I'm also going to type my Christmas letter today and need to find a recipe for something I keep seeing called Texas Caviar.  I hate all the ingredients but think it's something I should force myself to like.  It looks really healthy.   Seriously, can you say scatter brain.  It's a wonder I get anything done at all going in so many directions. 

Time to stop procrastinating I guess and get logged on. 

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment