Saturday, August 3, 2013

a new season

I often find myself in the middle the novel that is my strange little life turning the page and starting a new chapter.  Like any worthy novel, I’m usually so excited to get started that one chapter just melds into the next with out missing a beat.  This new chapter is full of change. 
I am not longer in the go live arena traipsing across country assisting hospitals implementing new software.  I feel incredibly blessed with an opportunity that has come my way.  Well, not exactly that easily, but regardless I won the prize.  I am still supporting surgeons, anesthesiologists, doctors and nurses with EPIC with one tiny, incredibly important, difference.  I support them over the phone and by remoting into their computers.  This difference means very little to all the struggling EPIC babies, but it means the world to my boys and my deserving husband.  I am able to do all my work from home.  I play with the boys all day and then slink off to my office (usually with one or two of them in tow) and log in.  I take calls from 5 pm to 1 am.  I’m three weeks in and already feel like I’m on top of the world.  I love the challenge of a seething physician or a crashing patient with an equally crashing computer. 
Huck isn’t too much of a baby anymore.  He’s in size three diapers, eating everything his brothers eat and doing his best to keep up with the pack.  He turned one yesterday.
We are finally settled in the new house and have taken some time and money to make it ours.  Scott has a honey do list a mile long and whips through it at an amazing speed.  I think he’s at Lowes every week.  We’ve painted the outside, replaced the front door, sodded the front lawn, put in a new mailbox, remodeled the kitchen, painted most of the rooms and a few weeks ago he built me an office.  It turned out incredible.  If I had all the money in the world it would be completely decorated, but we’re not quite in that position. 
The boys are getting ready to head off to school in a few weeks.  Gavin will be entering middle school this year which was a real turning point for me.  I loved the elementary school the boys all attended, but the middle school we were assigned to I was far less comfortable with.  We explored the always nagging thought of homeschool, which for the first time ever would be a real possibility with my new job and we toured private schools.  We fell in love with a small private Catholic school with a ridiculously large tuition.  Scott wanted to send them all there, the budget however, did not.  After lots of thought and prayer, I turned this matter over to GOD and low and behold, our boys will be attending Catholic school.  Finn, Tommy and Gavin will all be together in an amazing school with fantastic classmates.  We are pleased and blessed that we belong to a parish that appreciates moms who teach religion (and that make incredible dreams come true for said moms).
I have been cleaning and organizing and cooking all day long.  Being home has been amazing.  I have charts for everything.  Meal planning, zone cleaning, chore charts and calendars make my stay home days most predictable. 
We have been working really hard to adopt a more Paleo approach to food and cooking.  It’s been a super exciting journey, only three weeks in to wean the boys off sugar and onto some more beneficial foods.  The side effects are most welcome as well. 
I look forward to what this chapter holds.  I have a few plans that I am looking to execute including the quail, some potential small scale fish farming, the explosion of a planned September planting and maybe a few other surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment