Wednesday, March 28, 2012

five

five

 

Once an insignificant number I never really considered now finds its way into my thoughts every few minutes it seems.

 

Five.

Five?

Five

Wow, Five

 

If your talking age, you’re young.  If your talking pounds, it’s a relatively small amount.  If your talking about cats, that would probably be considered excessive.  If your talking dollars in your checking account, you’re in trouble. 

But were not talking age or pounds or even cats.

I’m talking about children.  If you know me personally or have studied the sidebar and done the math, you know we have four.  Four is was a nice number.  However, we are now embracing the idea of five.  Not only are we considering it, we’re well on our way.

Through an interesting series of events, roadblocks and head shaking coincidences, I find myself 20 weeks pregnant today. 

Last Monday we all huddled in the tiny ultrasound room at the hospital giddy and anxious for answers.  The goop was applied, the ultra sound was pressed up to my belly and in about 1.2 milliseconds the technician gasped.  Not the sound you want to hear during a procedure like this (or any procedure for that matter).  It was followed up with, a sigh, and then, “It’s another boy.”

I envisioned the boys a bit more involved than they were.  Gavin was mid process of purchasing a new app for my I-phone and didn’t bat an eye.  Tommy was somewhere out of my view.  Petey had wandered into the changing area oblivious to the notion that his position as the baby of the family was in serious jeopardy.  Finn was the only one engaged and eager for the news.  The very patient technician asked Finn what he was going to name his new baby brother.  Finn promptly supplied his answer, “Princess.”

Five children

Not just five children…

Five boys!

What on earth am I going to do with five little boys who soon won’t even be little and will eat me out of house and home and stink up their bedrooms and wear holes in their jeans.  I suppose I am going to continue doing what I already do now, loving them and laughing and enjoying this wild ride. 

Five.

Five?  Seriously?

Five.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave and years from now when you are old and gray you will love being surrounded by all those boys and their families listening to them tell stories of growing up.

    ReplyDelete