Monday, October 10, 2011

America

I wake up each morning and take a breath of FREEDOM.

I live in America. 

 

In America,

I can

have as many children as I desire.

 

 

 

IMG_6283

 

In America,

I can

express my thoughts and views without fear of punishment through a blog or some sky art if I so desired.

 

 

IMG_6272

 

In America,

I can military recruiters can

jump out of airplanes waving giant American flags behind them as they float to the ground in front of a high school audience full of boys waiting to be inspired.  Actually inspiring everyone. 

 

IMG_6286

In America,

I can

support what I believe in.  We gather, and cheer and love the country we live in.

 IMG_6274

In America,

I can

do whatever the men are doing.  Women are not held back.

 IMG_6264

I feel blessed to wake up each morning in a country where I am free and encouraged to become whatever I desire.  Although, I am also graced with just a wee bit of common sense.  Enough to know that scaling a chain link fence and running across the football field to the sign up booth is probably not for me and the military, well, I’d probably be denied for a multitude of good reasons.  But I am inspired by those who did go marching over to the booth and sign up with the waiting recruiters and all those who have done so in the past that lay there lives down on the line everyday out there just to protect all those qualities that make America America.

No comments:

Post a Comment