Friday, November 6, 2009

How badly do you need that shower?

It's three o'clock and I haven't even showered yet. I get Petey put down for a nap and decide to take this opportunity to get a much needed five minute shower. Before getting in the shower I give the boys strict instructions. No going outside, no answering my cell phone or making calls, no cooking anything, yes Gavin, this includes popcorn, no answering the door, no baths, yes Tommy, this includes showers, be nice to each other and yell for me if you need anything. During my four minute shower I do hear some rumblings, but assume it's just little boys doing little boy things and I hear no screaming so decide it's probably OK. WRONG!!! I guess I failed to mention in my little list of rules not to dump out every toy bucket and not to knock over each shelf in the playroom. They really seem quite surprised that I'm upset. Although they do get extra nervous when I get out the camera. As I snap a quick photo, Gavin announces to the other boys that Mom is taking this picture for evidence! Upon further examination, I realize I also forgot to mention no drinking red juice in the living room and no taking Finn's clothes off. Well, don't think I need a crystal ball to tell what these boys are going to be doing for the next three hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment